- Don't get angry
- “a soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger” (Proverbs 15:1)
- I have sometimes allowed myself to become angry when I have felt that others were attacking the Church or my belief in Jesus Christ. When the anger stayed, none of those discussions went well. At least one of those angry discussion has made it more awkward to talk about the gospel with some that are close to me. It is awkward for them to ask questions and it is awkward for my wife and I to talk to them about the things that are most important to us.
- Doctrine and Covenants 38:4141 And let your preaching be the warning voice, every man to his neighbor, in mildness and in meekness.
- Elder Neil L Anderson, It’s a Miracle, April 2013 General Conference
We respect each person’s choice and timing. The Lord said, “Let every man choose for himself.”26 A person’s lack of interest need not diminish our bonds of friendship and love. Whether or not the invitation is accepted as you invite others to “come and see,” you will feel the approval of the Lord and, with that approval, an added measure of faith to share your beliefs again and again.
- Be a Good Example
- President Boyd K Packer, The Reason for Our Hope, General Conference October 2014"But no matter how large the organization of the Church becomes or how many millions of members join our ranks, no matter how many continents and countries our missionaries enter or how many different languages we speak, the true success of the gospel of Jesus Christ will be measured by the spiritual strength of its individual members. We need the strength of conviction that is found in the heart of every loyal disciple of Christ."