Friday, July 8, 2011

Paradise

Elder Dallin H. Oaks, Fundamental to Our Faith, January 2011 Ensign

"Like other Christians, we believe that when we leave this life, we go to a heaven (paradise) or a hell. But to us this two-part division of the righteous and the wicked is merely temporary while the spirits of the dead await their resurrection and Final Judgment (see Alma 40:11–14). The destinations that follow the Final Judgment are much more diverse, and they stand as evidence of the magnitude of God’s love for His children—all of them."

Luke 23:42-43

  42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
  43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.


John 20:17
  17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

My Comments on John 20:17
Jesus had told the thief on the cross that, that day the thief would see Jesus in Paradise.  Then after his resurrection Jesus stated that he had not yet ascended to His Father.  If Paradise is not where His Father is then where is it?  Where did he go?  Paradise must be some place different than the dwelling place of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment