Monday, October 22, 2012

Integrity

Elder Joseph B Whirthlin, PERSONAL INTEGRITY, April 1990 General Conference
"I have felt impressed to speak today about the need for integrity—old-fashioned, personal, practical integrity. To me, integrity means always doing what is right and good, regardless of the immediate consequences. It means being righteous from the very depth of our soul, not only in our actions but, more importantly, in our thoughts and in our hearts. Personal integrity implies such trustworthiness and incorruptibility that we are incapable of being false to a trust or covenant."

Elder Terence M Vinson, Drawing Closer to God, General Conference October 2013
"How do our behavior and actions reflect the integrity of our intents?"

"Our son Ben, when he was 16 and speaking in stake conference, asked the question, 'How would you feel if someone promised you something every week and never kept the promise?' He continued, 'Do we take seriously the promise we make when we partake of the sacrament and covenant to keep His commandments and always remember Him?'"


Scott D Whiting of the Seventy, Temple Standard, General Conference October 2012

“...the Lord knows the level of our efforts and whether we have done our very best.”

Elder Robert C Gay of the Seventy, What Shall a Man Give in Exchange for His Soul?, General Conference October 2012 

“All was well until I turned 12. Standing in line one afternoon, I realized that the ticket price for a 12-year-old was 35 cents, and that meant two less candy bars. Not quite prepared to make that sacrifice, I reasoned to myself, 'You look the same as you did a week ago.' I then stepped up and asked for the 25-cent ticket. The cashier did not blink, and I bought my regular five candy bars instead of three.
"Elated by my accomplishment, I later rushed home to tell my dad about my big coup. As I poured out the details, he said nothing. When I finished, he simply looked at me and said, ‘Son, would you sell your soul for a nickel? His words pierced my 12-year-old heart. It is a lesson I have never forgotten.”
...
With self-justification of petty sins, Satan triumphs. For a bottle of milk,5 a misspelled name,6 a mess of pottage,7 birthrights and inheritances have been traded.

No comments:

Post a Comment