Sunday, August 21, 2011

We Already Have a Bible

2 Nephi 28:30
 30 For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learnwisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.


John 9:28

28 Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art his disciple; but we are Moses’ disciples.


My thoughts on John 9:28
The Jews felt that they had the Law of Moses was all they needed because it was given to them by God. They rejected any suggestions that God had more for them, in addition to the Law of Moses


Joseph Smith History 1:12
12 Never did any passage of scripture come with more power to the heart of man than this did at this time to mine. It seemed to enter with great force into every feeling of my heart. I reflected on it again and again, knowing that if any person needed wisdom from God, I did; for how to act I did not know, and unless I could get more wisdom than I then had, I would never know; for the teachers of religion of the different sects understood the same passages of scripture so differently as to destroy all confidence in settling the question by an appeal to the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment