Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Prayer

Matthew 5:6
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

My thoughts
{
Do we hunger for answers to our prayers? Do we truly thankful in our prayers? If we have deep sincerity of desire in our prayers and really reach out to God, then we will be filled with the Holy Ghost
}

D. Todd Christofferson, “The Power of Covenants,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2009, 22
 "God will keep His promises to you as you honor your covenants with Him."


“Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers.”

Elder Anthony D Perkins of the Seventy, Beware Concerning Yourselves, General Conference October 2012
"Each time Jesus alerts priesthood holders to ‘beware, for Satan desireth to sift [you],’ He prescribes prayer as the temptation-countering action."


Doctrine and Covenants 19:38  38 Pray always, and I will pour out my Spirit upon you, and great shall be your blessing—yea, even more than if you should obtain treasures of earth and corruptibleness to the extent thereof.

President Thomas S Monson, As We Close This Conference, General Conference April 2012 “We live in troubled times. I assure you that our Heavenly Father is mindful of the challenges we face. He loves each of us and desires to bless us and to help us. May we call upon Him in prayer, as He admonished”

Elder Richard G Scott, How to Obtain Revelation and Inspiration for Your Personal Life, April 2012 General Conference Our Heavenly Father did not put us on earth to fail but to succeed gloriously. It may seem paradoxical, but that is why recognizing answers to prayer can sometimes be very difficult.

President Boyd K Packer, How to Survive in Enemy Territory”,Seminary Centennial Broadcast  "Most of the time your prayers will be silent. You can think a prayer....

"You can always have a direct line of communication with your Father in Heaven. Do not allow the adversary to convince you that no one is listening on the other end. Your prayers are always heard. You are never alone!"


Moroni 7:33
 33 And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me.

President Deiter F Uchtdorf, Waiting on the Road to Damascus, General Conference April 2011
“Often, the answer to our prayer does not come while we’re on our knees but while we’re on our feet serving the Lord and serving those around us. Selfless acts of service and consecration refine our spirits, remove the scales from our spiritual eyes, and open the windows of heaven. By becoming the answer to someone’s prayer, we often find the answer to our own.”

President Thomas S. Monson, "Heavenly Homes, Forever Families"'Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting: Supporting the Family, February 2006


"We often feel overwhelmed by the task before us. However, help is ever at hand. He who knows each of His children will answer our fervent and heartfelt prayer as we seek help in guiding them. Such prayer will solve more problems, alleviate more suffering, prevent more transgression, and bring about greater peace and contentment in the human soul than any other way."






Elder J Devn Cornish, Of the Seventy, The Privilege of Prayer
We must not only say our prayers; we must also live them.”
...


Prayer is the means by which we approach our Father in Heaven, who loves us”



  8 And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the aSpirit which teacheth a man to bpray ye would know that ye must cpray; for the devil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.





Proverbs 3:6


   6 In all thy ways aacknowledge him, and he shall bdirect thy cpaths.



Matthew 6:18
18 That thou appear not unto men to afast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall breward thee openly.

Alma 5:45-46


 45 And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I aknow of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?
 46 Behold, I say unto you they are made aknown unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have bfasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of crevelation which is in me.


No comments:

Post a Comment