Friday, January 2, 2009

Missionary Work

David A Bednar, Come and See, October 2014 General Conference
“Latter-day Saints take seriously this responsibility to teach all people in all nations about the Lord Jesus Christ and His restored gospel. We believe the same Church founded by the Savior anciently has been reestablished on the earth by Him in the latter days. The doctrine, principles, priesthood authority, ordinances, and covenants of His gospel are found today in His Church.”

Jeremiah 16:15-16
15 But, The Lord liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.
16 ¶Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.


Elder David F Evans, Was It Worth It?, General Conference April 2012

"The work of naturally and normally sharing the gospel with those we care about and love will be the work and joy of our lives."



Elder Bruce R McConkie, Doctrinal New Testament Commentary, 3 vols. [1966–73], 3:563–64
“The elders of Israel are now issuing the invitations to the marriage supper of the Lord; those who believe and obey the gospel thereby accept the invitation and shall sit in due course … at the marriage feast”


Luke 22:32
 32But I have aprayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art bconvertedcstrengthen thy brethren.


John 21:15-17

15 ¶ So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, aFeed my sheep.

17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, aFeed my bsheep.

Doctrine and Covenants 88:81

81 Behold, I sent you out to atestify and warn the people, and it becometh every man who hath been warned to bwarn his neighbor.

2 Timothy 24-25

24 And the servant of the Lord must not astrive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to bteach, patient,

25 In ameekness binstructing those that oppose themselves; if God cperadventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

There will be those that want to Bible bash or ask inflammatory questions, but we are to respond with peace, kindness, patience, and meekness.


Doctrine and Covenants 31:9

9 Be apatient in bafflictions, crevile not against those that revile. Govern your dhouse in meekness, and be esteadfast.

Doctrine and Covenants 38:41

41 And let your apreaching be the bwarning voice, every man to his neighbor, in mildness and in cmeekness.

Doctrine and Covenants 60:14

14 And after thou hast come up unto the land of Zion, and hast proclaimed my word, thou shalt speedily return, proclaiming my word among the congregations of the wicked, not in ahaste, neither in bwrath nor with cstrife.

No comments:

Post a Comment