- John is referring to the book he was writing, Revelation, not the entire Bible. (“the words of the prophecy of this book”)
- The Bible is a compilation of books, which was compiled after John wrote this statement.
- Many of the books of the Bible were written after Revelation.
- Shall we deny those books are false, because they were “added” after Revelation?
- The book of Deuteronomy also says something similar.
- 2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.
- Shall we deny the rest of the Old Testament and all of the New Testament because this was stated in Deuteronomy?
President Ezra Taft Benson, “A New Witness for Christ,” Ensign, Nov. 1984, 8
“When used together, the Bible and the Book of Mormon confound false doctrines”