Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tithing

Elder David A Bednar, The Windows of Heaven, General Conference October 2013
“...as we live the law of tithing, we often receive significant but subtle blessings that are not always what we expect and easily can be overlooked...simple blessings in seemingly ordinary ways.”

Dallin H Oaks, "Tithing", April 1994 General Conference
“During World War II, my widowed mother supported her three young children on a schoolteacher’s salary that was meager. When I became conscious that we went without some desirable things because we didn’t have enough money, I asked my mother why she paid so much of her salary as tithing. I have never forgotten her explanation: ‘Dallin, there might be some people who can get along without paying tithing, but we can’t. The Lord has chosen to take your father and leave me to raise you children. I cannot do that without the blessings of the Lord, and I obtain those blessings by paying an honest tithing. When I pay my tithing, I have the Lord’s promise that he will bless us, and we must have those blessings if we are to get along.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment