Sunday, November 4, 2012

Gathering of Israel

President Ezra Taft Benson, “Strengthen Thy Stakes”, Ensign January 1991
"The prophets likened latter-day Zion to a great tent encompassing the earth. That tent was supported by cords fastened to stakes. Those stakes, of course, are various geographical organizations spread out over the earth. Presently, Israel is being gathered to the various stakes of Zion."


Jeremiah 16:15-16
15 But, The Lord liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.
16 ¶Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.



John 10:15-16

  15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
  16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.




My Comments: These other sheep are the scattered tribes of Israel, including those that migrated to America and the isles of the sea.


Doctrine and Covenants 110:11
 11 After this vision closed, the heavens were again opened unto us; and Moses appeared before us, and committed unto us the keys of the gathering of Israel from the four parts of the earth, and the leading of the ten tribes from the land of the north.

No comments:

Post a Comment