Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Brother's Keeper

Elder Robert D Hales, General Conference: Strengthening Faith and Testimony, General Conference October 2013
"And when we are converted, we strengthen each other to stand strong amid the fiery darts of these last days."

Enos 1:9-11
 9 Now, it came to pass that when I had heard these words I began to feel a desire for the welfare of my brethren, the Nephites; wherefore, I did pour out my whole soul unto God for them.
10 And while I was thus struggling in the spirit, behold, the voice of the Lord came into my mind again, saying: I will visit thy brethren according to their diligence in keeping my commandments. I have given unto them this land, and it is a holy land; and I curse it not save it be for the cause of iniquity; wherefore, I will visit thy brethren according as I have said; and their transgressions will I bring down with sorrow upon their own heads.
11 And after I, Enos, had heard these words, my faith began to beunshaken in the Lord; and I prayed unto him with many longstrugglings for my brethren, the Lamanites.
1 Nephi 8:10-12
 10 And it came to pass that I beheld a tree, whose fruit was desirable to make one happy.
 11 And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the fruit thereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted. Yea, and I beheld that the fruit thereof was white, to exceed all the whiteness that I had ever seen.
 12 And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit.

My comments: Lehi partakes of the fruit and then wants to share it with his family.


Luke 22:32
 32But I have aprayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art bconvertedcstrengthen thy brethren.

No comments:

Post a Comment