- At one time only those that descended from Israel's son Levi could hold the priesthood.
- When Jesus was on the earth he, as a rule, only taught the Jews and his teachings were only presented to the Jews until after Jesus was resurrected.
- The LORD cursed the Egyptians with plagues because Pharoah refused to let the Israelites go out of Egypt. (Exodus chapters 7-9)
- The LORD curses the Moabites and Ammonites because "unto the tenth generation) because they did not provide food and water to the Israelites in the desert wilderness. (Deuteronomy 23:3)
- The LORD promises to curse the Israelites, His own chosen people, if they do not adhere to His commandments.(Deuteronomy chapter 28)
- The Israelites were slaves for hundreds of years as a curse (and a blessing) by God.
- The Lamanites in the Book of Mormon were cursed with a dark skin and were cursed (and blessed) by being over run by another group of people.
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Is God a Racist?
Note that none of these give us the right to oppress another, but we can see that hardships of our ancestors often reap great blessings for us.