Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mysteries of God

Doctrine and Covenants 6:10-11
10 Behold thou hast a gift, and blessed art thou because of thy gift. Remember it is sacred and cometh from above—
11 And if thou wilt inquire, thou shalt know mysteries which are great and marvelous; therefore thou shalt exercise thy gift, that thou mayest find out mysteries, that thou mayest bring many to the knowledge of the truth, yea, convince them of the error of their ways.


Mosiah 2:9
9 And these are the words which he spake and caused to be written, saying: My brethren, all ye that have assembled yourselves together, you that can hear my words which I shall speak unto you this day; for I have not commanded you to come up hither to trifle with the words which I shall speak, but that you should hearken unto me, and open your ears that ye may hear, and your hearts that ye may understand, and your minds that the mysteries of God may be unfolded to your view.



Harold B. Lee, "Ye are the Light of the World", 1974, 211
"...a mystery may be defined as a truth which cannot be known except by revelation."


My Commentary
We can hear a doctrine, but to know and understand it comes by revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment