Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Death

Physical Death - The body separated from the spirit.
Brigham Young, in Journal of Discourses, vol. 3, pp. 367–69
“But where is the spirit world?” “It is here.” “Do [spirits] go beyond the boundaries of this organized earth? No, they do not. They are brought forth upon this earth, for the express purpose of inhabiting it to all eternity.”

President Boyd K Packer, “How to Survive in Enemy Territory”,Seminary Centennial Broadcast 
"The certainty is that your body will, in due time, grow old and eventually become uninhabitable, and the spirit will be forced to leave. We call that death."


James 2:26
 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.


Job 13:15
 15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.

My Thoughs: When we die it is not the tradgedy that people make it out to be. It is sad for those that will miss them, until they see them again, but there is no need to despair. God is in control and has a plan for us all. For us individually and for us with our families.


Spiritual Death - The soul (body and spirit) being separated from God.

Isaiah 59:2
2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Psalms 51:10-12
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment