Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Gods

Mark 9:23
23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.



1 Corinthians 8:5-6
 5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
 6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

There are gods (lowercase) many. The is one God (uppercase), the Father.
There is one God to us. "One God, the Father". No one else holds that title for us.
These gods lowercase are in "heaven and earth" both.

Isaiah 44:6,8
6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

There is one God to us. "One God, the Father". No one else holds that title for us.

Malachi 2:10
10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

There is one God to us. "One God, the Father". No one else holds that title for us.

Psalms 82:6
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

"I have said, Ye are gods"

John 10:33-36
 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
 34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

  • "I said, Ye are gods" 
Romans 8:16-17
 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Doctrine and Covenants 84:37-38
37 And he that receiveth me receiveth my Father;
38 And he that receiveth my Father receiveth my Father’s kingdom; therefore all that my Father hath shall be given unto him.


My Thoughts
Man is the one who has put barriers between himself and God. He is the one that has put the limitation on God that he can not raise up his children to be equals with Him and He still be God.

The father lost nothing by Christ being a god also, because they are one. We are told to be one even as the father and son are one. We are told to be perfect as Christ is perfect. You can argue what the word perfect means and what it means to be one, but with God all things are possible.  Including creating me with the capability to grow to be more than I am.

I loose nothing by my child growing into a functional adult through their hard work and my assistance, molding, and nourishing. If fact that is one of my greatest desires and arguably my primary work.  
I also find nothing offensive in them having the desire to be an adult like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment